True story. A Fire Department told us that their Lentry Light is perfect for leaving on-scene with their fire marshal for investigations. It quietly lights the whole scene and is small enough that the fire marshal can simply bring it back to the fire department in his car when he is finished.
Nothing makes you safer at night than seeing and be seen!
Lentry® Lights by Ventry Solutions, Inc. are a full line of portable, telescoping lights—also called light towers, generator lights, light plants—that light up large areas for hours. No hassle.
If flashlights are not enough and tow-behind trailer-mounted generator lights are too much, a Lentry Light may be just right!
Invented for fire and rescue applications (emergency scenes, disaster response...), Lentry Portable Lighting is safety lighting for many users now.
We keep learning of more people who work and play outdoors at night and for whom Lentry Lights extend their hours of operation. The following list will grow as we hear from customers.
True story. At an expo, a utility customer mentioned to us how helpful it was to them that their Lentry Light was so quiet. They could do their work in residential areas without drawing attention and were able to aim precisely, as needed, so as not to shine light into people’s homes.
Customers and key words used to find us
- Remote lighting
- Temporary outdoor lighting
- Utility maintenance
- Disaster preparedness, relief and recovery
- Emergency management
- Search and Rescue
- Construction site/road work
- Law enforcement
- Trench rescue
- Videography (light to film by)
- Fire fighting
- Emergency scene lighting
- Flood and Area lighting
- Work and jobsite lighting
- Command Lighting
- Railroads and track repair
- Border protection and patrol
- Swiftwater rescue
- Airports use our lighting systems during fueling of aircraft, luggage management, passenger boarding and deplaning, runway maintenance, and emergency response.
- Safety lighting for anyone who works outdoors in the dark.
- Flagger lighting and traffic safety at roadside incidents, construction, maintenance crews, and motor vehicle accident (MVAs) scenes.
- Team sporting events and practices including tracks, arenas, small fields, laser tag.
- Energy companies and utility crews after storms, for remote maintenance, and for nighttime and outages.
- Utility companies and road crews also use them to light flaggers (XT lights are especially well-suited for this application)
- Crime scene investigation
- Cemetery lighting for grave site preparation in the evening/night and quiet but thorough illumination of evening graveside events
- Lighting for nighttime team sports
- Incident Command Post Emergency Power - lighting the communication center and running a few radios
- Lentry Systems can light a scene and charge battery-powered suitcase-type lights at the same time. They often replace diesel-powered and gas-powered light towers.
- Snowmobile and ATV rescue - ambulance crews must sometimes respond far from the main road where light and power are hard to come by
- Landing zone lighting (prior to helicopter arrival). Be sure to follow local protocols.
- Calving light (lightweight 1000W models)
- Towing - wreckers / haulers carry one on their truck for evening and nighttime work
- Special events outdoors in the evening, winter, early morning
- Corn mazes, outdoor Halloween exhibits, other seasonal outdoor events
- Hobbies - RC Aircraft enthusiasts use an EU1000i for remote power at airports.
- Amateur videographers keep one in the trunk for light on-the-spot when events take place at night. Quietly running in the background.
- Fish traps! Often caught in the dark, fish and wildlife crew use small, portable Lentry units to light the entire area, greatly increasing safety and the ease with which they can finish the job.
- Rescue and recovery
- Construction crews are able to work into the evening hours during winter (as shown in the photo gallery).
- Crime scene investigation (Coroners, sheriffs departments and other law enforcement...)
- Traffic Safety / MVA Scenes / Highway Scene Safety - Road crews and highway projects, especially for flagger safety!
- Sobriety stops / DUI check point lighting / DWI checkpoints
- Wrecker service - used to light accidents and wrecks on the roadway as towing company/tow truck loads.
- Container Yard / Shipping Port / Seaport - Back up lighting in case of power outage.
- Runway repair (military and emergency crews have reported deploying LENTRY lights for making nighttime repairs to runways on landing strips)
- Target practice, gun clubs, shooting ranges
- Safety lighting for highway flaggers, rescue personnel and recovery at accident scenes, traffic control lighting and more (extra tall XT models especially). Keep roadside workers safe and seen.
- Backup and emergency lighting for prisons and public facilities where power continuity and lighting is crucial.
- Large-scale emergency scene lighting, for example triage incidents, mass casualty scenes.
- Water rescue / swift-water rescue (riverbanks, hills and rocks are no obstacle)
- Trenchwork (Water districts, public utilities are telling us of many applications)
- Auto salvage lot (Scrap operation involving tearing cars apart; customer needs a part, so the user grabs a Lentry Light and heads off across the scrap yard to the right car. Without even removing it from the back of the truck, the Lentry Light turns night into day so the part can be safely and quickly removed. Search term used to find us: “portable stadium lighting”)
- Homeland security and border patrol (examples include border patrol and DUI checkpoint lighting)
- Nighttime filming and videography
- Lift lighting at ski hills. Emergency lighting during power outage to assist in ski lift / chair lift evacuation
- Truck-mounted lighting, thanks to mounting hardware
- Concrete pouring and finishing - 2-headed models and those with 2 separate telescoping lights can light up two nearby operations simultaneously, such as a concrete pour and the finishing
- Power and light to unwired barns and outbuildings
- Track and field - A runners club uses 2-Headed model 2TWHDX to illuminate their track during events and evening training
- Arenas - A therapeutic riding center lights their arena with 1STARX so as to extend the hours of operation during short winter months.
- Boating - waterfront, dockside, at sea!
Look for Lentry Power and Light Systems in use by your local fire department, law enforcement offices, DOTs, public utilities, airports, port authorities, hospitals, prisons, military personnel, disaster services, towing companies, investigators, journalists, railroad companies, contractors, schools, and more...
Share this post
Latest News & Articles
Webcast: Top 10 Tactical Considerations from Fire Research
This popular FDIC class, by Director Stephen Kerber of the UL Firefighter Safety Research Institute, will be available as a webcast on September 20, 2017. Sponsored by Ventry Solutions, Inc.
Battery-Powered PPV Fans
In fire fighting, battery powered fans are popular right now. We discuss our concerns and why we continue to solve our customers' ventilation needs with gasoline and electric PPV Fans.
ICUEE The Demo Expo, Louisville, KY
The 2017 International Construction and Utility Equipment Expo (ICUEE) will be held October 3-5, 2017 in Louisville, Kentucky. Get a discount code for ICUEE registration here and learn about us before you go.
Stay in touch
We’d love to hear from you and will be happy to answer your questions and assist you with our products. Call (888) 257-8967.