True story. A Fire Department told us that their Lentry Light is perfect for leaving on-scene with their fire marshal for investigations. It quietly lights the whole scene and is small enough that the fire marshal can simply bring it back to the fire department in his car when he is finished. Previously, all the firefighters had to stay on scene until the truck lighting was no longer needed!
Nothing makes you safer at night than seeing and be seen!
Lentry® Lights by Ventry Solutions, Inc. are a full line of portable, telescoping lights—also called light towers, generator lights, utility lights, light plants—that provide temporary light to large, remote areas all night. No hassle.
If flashlights are not enough and tow-behind trailer-mounted generator lights are too much, a Lentry Light may be just right!
Invented for fire and rescue applications (emergency scenes, disaster response/relief...), Lentry Lights are now serving as portable, temporary, remote area safety lighting for many industries.
We keep learning of more people who work and play outdoors at night and for whom Lentry Lights extend their hours of operation. Below are just a few of those applications.
True story. At an expo, a utility customer mentioned to us how helpful it was to them that their Lentry Light was so quiet. They could do their work in residential areas without drawing attention and were able to aim precisely, as needed, so as not to shine light into people’s homes.
- Trench work (and pole work) is often mentioned by customers associated with water supply and treatment, telecommunications and utilities.
- Airports use our lighting systems during fueling of aircraft, luggage management, passenger boarding and deplaning, runway maintenance, and emergency response.
- Safety lighting for anyone who works outdoors in the dark.
- Traffic Safety / Flagger Lighting / MVA Scenes / Highway Scene Safety - roadside incidents, construction, maintenance crews, and highway projects.
- Team sporting practices including tracks, arenas, small fields, etc.
- Energy companies and utility crews after storms, for remote maintenance, and for nighttime and outages.
- Utility companies and road crews also use them (XT height lights are especially well-suited for this application)
- Cemetery lighting for grave site preparation in the evening/night and quiet but thorough illumination of evening graveside events
- Incident Command Post Emergency Power - lighting the communication center and running a few radios
- Lentry Systems can light a scene and charge battery-powered suitcase-type lights at the same time. They often replace diesel-powered and gas-powered light towers.
- Snowmobile and ATV rescue - ambulance crews must sometimes respond far from the main road where light and power are hard to come by
- Landing zone lighting (prior to helicopter arrival). Be sure to follow local protocols.
- Calving light (lightweight 1000W models)
- Towing - wreckers / haulers carry one on their truck for evening and nighttime work
- Special events outdoors in the evening, winter, early morning
- Corn mazes, outdoor Halloween exhibits, other seasonal outdoor events
- Hobbies - RC Aircraft enthusiasts use an EU1000i for remote power at airports.
- Fish traps! Often caught in the dark, fish and wildlife crew use small, portable Lentry units to light the entire area, greatly increasing safety and the ease with which they can finish the job.
- Rescue and recovery
- Construction crews are able to work into the evening hours during winter (as shown in the photo gallery).
- Crime scene investigation (Coroners, sheriffs departments and other law enforcement...)
- Sobriety stops / DUI check point lighting / DWI checkpoints
- Container Yard / Shipping Port / Seaport - Back up lighting in case of power outage.
- Target practice, gun clubs, shooting ranges
- Backup and emergency lighting for prisons and public facilities where power continuity and lighting is crucial.
- Large-scale emergency scene lighting, for example triage incidents, mass casualty scenes.
- Water rescue / swift-water rescue (Lentry Lights are able to be placed on riverbanks, hills and rocks, and under bridges.)
- Auto salvage lot (Scrap operation involving tearing cars apart; or when searching for parts needed by customers. The user grabs a Lentry Light and heads off across the scrap yard to the right car. Without even removing it from the back of the truck, the Lentry Light turns night into day so the part can be safely and quickly removed.)
- Homeland security and border patrol
- Asset protection and security during outages
- Nighttime filming and videography
- Lift lighting at ski hills. Emergency lighting during power outage to assist in ski lift / chair lift evacuation
- Truck-mounted lighting, thanks to the Receiver Hitch Pole Mount and truck mounting hardware.
- Concrete pouring and finishing - 2-headed models and those with 2 separate telescoping lights can light up two nearby operations simultaneously.
- Power and light to unwired barns and outbuildings
- Track and field - A runners club uses a 2-Headed model to illuminate their track during events and evening training
- Arenas - A therapeutic riding center lights their arena with 1STARX so as to extend the hours of operation during short winter months (pictures shown here).
- Boating - waterfront, dockside, at sea!
- Medical response tents/trailers - standby at special events use Lentry Lights because power and terrain are unpredictable.
Look for Lentry Power and Light Systems in use by your local fire department, law enforcement offices, DOTs, public utilities, airports, port authorities, hospitals, prisons, military personnel, disaster services, emergency response, towing companies, investigators, journalists, railroad companies, contractors, maintenance crews, schools, film crews, cemeteries, anyone involved in public safety, and more...
Your work has enough risks. Make sure you can see.
Share this post
Latest News & Articles
Photos compare lighting options for Linemen
Photos by local linemen: They tested safety lighting solutions during overhead pole work and trench work. Photos compare headlights, spotlight, and Lentry® Portable Lighting.
A Ventry Fan assists with burning brush piles
The all-terrain legs, safety propellers, and high CFM offered on all Ventry® Fans make them a great tool to use while burning brush and slash. The piles burn hotter, faster, and cleaner, often making multiple days' work into one.
Lighting Crime Scenes
For crime scene investigation, DUI checkpoints, and other emergency scenes, law enforcement professionals have found Lentry® Emergency Scene Lights to be helpful, making their jobs easier and reducing the stress and fatigue of night scenes.
Stay in touch
We’d love to hear from you and will be happy to answer your questions and assist you with our products. Call (888) 257-8967.
Sign up here for our once-a-month email of GREAT NEWS!