“They make three days’ work into one.” ~ BW of Wm. Winkler Construction, a concrete contractor in Spokane, WA who uses Ventry® Fans for slash burning.
Request a quote
Ventry® Fans are great for stump and brush burning!
Brush fans, also called stump fans, are used to accelerate the burning of landscape debris, leaves, branches, slash piles, and other yard/organic matter/waste. In many areas, fans are now required for burning because they make it so much cleaner and faster.
Several features make Ventry Fans ideal as stump fans for brush burning.
- Legs allow Ventry Fans to be raised above and avoid intake of debris, dirt and other hazards.
- Legs straddle scene clutter, branches and other obstacles, allowing stable setup and ideal placement of the fan.
- Legs may be adjusted and locked at any position, allowing aiming of the air stream up, down or otherwise. (Note: Max tilt angle with GX Honda motors is 20º; at that point, the low-oil shut off protection will shut down the motor.)
- Propeller shape: The curve of the aircraft-style propeller creates a very narrow cone of air, with a very focused flow and consistent airstream quality. Ventry Fans may be placed quite a distance from the burn and can be aimed very precisely, right where you need the airflow.
- This list is not complete.
Bittersweet. We are often called by contractors interested in getting 4 or more fans for large brush burning and clearing projects. Once they get a Ventry Fan, however, they find one fan does the whole job.
Model 24GX120 is the Ventry Fan we recommend for brush burning. It is our most efficient gas model with our smallest engine (3.8 hp Honda GX120) and the longer 24-inch propeller. It delivers more air than you actually need, weighs the least out of our 24-inch models, and offers the benefits of the GX-series engine. Another model often chosen for brush burning is 24GX200 because of its longer run time.
One customer who first used Ventry Fans as a firefighter and now uses them for burning, told us that the GX-series Honda engines are not only long-lived and reliable, but the sensitive throttle control is terrific for burn fans. It allows him to throttle the fan way down at the beginning to get things started, then gradually bring it up to accelerate the burning.
We are repeatedly told by customers that one Ventry Fan does the work of several fans and the investment pays off quickly.
Brush Burning Video
This is a short compilation of videos showing Ventry Fans being used to accelerate the burning of landscape debris.
Fans used for this purpose are sometimes called brush burning fans or stump fans. If you have other names, please tell us so we can include relevant key words here. Thank you!
Share this post
Latest News & Articles
The Switch from 2000W to 2200W Honda generators
All Lentry® Light Systems shown with 2000-watt generators now come with 2200W generators. Photography and literature continue to be updated on all materials, including this site. Here is the current status.
VSI’s All-Terrain Lentry® Light GIVEAWAY
We will be giving away an All-Terrain Lentry® Light System in the first quarter of 2019! By entering the Giveaway, you will also be connecting with us by email, which is a reward in itself.
Firefighting Training: Top 10 Tactical Considerations from Fire Research
This popular FDIC class for fire fighters, by Director Stephen Kerber of the UL Firefighter Safety Research Institute, is now available free and on-demand as a webcast until September 2018. Sponsored by Ventry Solutions, Inc.
Stay in touch
We’d love to hear from you and will be happy to answer your questions and assist you with our products. Call (888) 257-8967.
Sign up here for our once-a-month email of GREAT NEWS!