While invented for fire and rescue applications (emergency scenes), portable Lentry® Lighting Systems are used in many industries to light dynamic sites, including crime scenes.
Lentry Lights have many features that make them a wise investment and an indispensable tool for crime scene investigation, including:
- Instant-on, turning night into day;
- Instant-off, meaning no cool-down time when done;
- One person deployment and take-down;
- Entire system retracts and breaks down to fit in the trunk (or any small compartment);
- Easy, intuitive operation;
- Self-contained (no cords to run or batteries to charge);
- Long run-times (compare specs); and
- Legs let you put the remote area light wherever needed (side of a hill, under a bridge, in the snow, tall grass, etc).
One Lentry Light can make the difference between a long, unsuccessful night and investigation success. It sets up in seconds. It lights the whole area. It turns night into day which reduces stress and fatigue for investigators and increases safety for all by helping everyone on site see and be seen.
Extra tall models are recommended for scene investigation, though any height and any single light head model will be a vast improvement over conventional remote lighting. Popular models for scene investigations include:
- Models 1SPECX or 1SPECX-C23: Includes a 1000W generator, single XT height LED, and model ending in "-C23" includes a case to store the LED light head.
- Models 2SPECX or 2SPECX-C23: Includes a 2200W generator, single XT height LED, and model ending in "-C23" includes a case to store the LED light head.
- Models 2TWSPX-C34 or 2TWSPX-C50: Includes a 2200W generator, 2-Headed LED on a single XT height pole, and a case. Model ending in "-C34" includes a case to store the 2-Headed LED light head, while model ending in "-C50" includes a case to store the 2-Headed LED and pole.
As seen in the pictures below from Meade County Emergency Management in South Dakota, one Lentry Light can take the place of multiple flashlights or work lights. They also replace large, tow-behind light towers, especially in the rough terrain where the tow-behind lights cannot reach. Pull it out of the trunk, place it wherever is best (no matter how much debris is on the ground), start it up and forget it--until you're done or the sun is up, whichever is first. When you’re done, back it goes into the trunk, on call for the next scene. Contact us for more information.
Photos used with permission. Click to enlarge.
Your work has enough risks. Make sure you can see.
Other pages of interest:
Share this post
Latest News & Articles
Incidents Happen After Dark Too
An Emergency Management Department in South Dakota recently purchased a couple Lentry Lighting Systems and has put them to good use at various incidents where lighting was difficult, making the scenes safer for all involved.
Photos compare lighting options for Linemen
Photos by local linemen: They tested safety lighting solutions during overhead pole work and trench work. Photos compare headlights, spotlight, and Lentry® Portable Lighting.
Brush Burning Fans
Contractors often want 4 or more fans for huge land clearing projects; they soon realize only one Ventry Fan is needed! Several of the unique qualities which make our fans ideal for fire fighting also make them a great investment for brush burning.
Stay in touch
We’d love to hear from you and will be happy to answer your questions and assist you with our products. Call (888) 257-8967.
Sign up here for our once-a-month email of GREAT NEWS!