Ventry Solutions, Inc. is proud to be a Corporate Member of the BFA.
What makes Ventry Fans so good for inflation?
Ventry® Fans are excellent for inflation of hot air balloons for many of the same reasons they are ideal for firefighting. Here are highlights specifically for balloonists:
- Ventry Inflation Fans are safe.
- They can be set far back, out of the way of the crew and lines and produce a very tight cold pack.
- Because they are elevated, dirt and sand are not projected into the envelope or at the crew.
- Among other differences, Ventry Fans are quieter than other fans.
- Ventry Inflation Fans are easy to move, store, and use, and lighter than many other fans. (Balloonists often carry their Ventry Fan in the basket of their balloon.)
- Extendable legs allow for more air flow to the prop, keeping the prop from trying to suck air out of the ground, and because they retract, can make the difference between getting it into your vehicle or not!
- Inflation fan customers report that Ventry Fans hold their own against—and often exceed the air output of—much higher horsepower blowers.
- Patented, three-legged design offers the advantages of elevation and the convenience of compact storage.
Inflator Fan Placement
When inflating a hot air balloon, we have found that Ventry Fans should be placed back from the throat approximately 1.5 times the diameter of the throat. This gives maximum volume while keeping the fan clear of lines.
Placing a Ventry Fan too close to the throat opening will decrease inflation efficiency more so than setting it too far away. We encourage balloonists to experiment with placing our fans much farther back from the throat than they think they should!
Hot Air Balloon Inflation Photos
We have received some stunning photos over the years from our generous customers. Although Ventry Fans may look different today (they evolve constantly), if the inflation fan has legs, you know it’s a Ventry Fan!
In addition to those shown above, here are several of our favorites.
Share this post
Latest News & Articles
ON SALE: Backup Bulbs (750W Halogens)
While supplies last, our 750 watt high-output halogen bulbs are on sale for half price. These are used in Lentry Lights with Optup and 2-Headed Optup halogens.
Battery-Powered Ventilation Fans
In fire fighting, battery powered fans are popular right now. We discuss our concerns and why we continue to solve our customers' ventilation needs with gasoline and electric PPV Fans.
PPV Study Results and Online Training
Excellent online training on positive pressure ventilation and attack (PPV and PPA) is now available as the result of the multi-year UL FSRI study on PPV. Please share these resources among fire/rescue colleagues.
Stay in touch
We’d love to hear from you and will be happy to answer your questions and assist you with our products. Call (888) 257-8967.