Ventry Solutions, Inc. is proud to be a Corporate Member of the BFA.
What makes Ventry Fans so good for inflation?
Ventry® Fans are excellent for inflation of hot air balloons for many of the same reasons they are ideal for firefighting. Here are highlights specifically for balloonists:
- Ventry Inflation Fans are safe.
- They can be set far back, out of the way of the crew and lines, and produce a very tight cold pack.
- Independently adjustable, three-legged design:
- Allows for more air flow to the prop,
- Elevates the fan so dirt and sand are not projected into the envleope or at the crew, and
- Allows the fan to fit and be stored in small compartments when the legs are fully retracted, making the difference between getting it into your vehicle or not.
- Among other differences, Ventry Fans are quieter and weigh less than competitor models of similar output.
- Ventry Inflation Fans are easy to move, store, and use. (Balloonists often carry their Ventry Fan in the basket of their balloon.)
- Inflation fan customers report that Ventry Fans hold their own against—and often exceed the air output of—much higher horsepower blowers.
Inflator Fan Placement
When inflating a hot air balloon, we have found that Ventry Fans should be placed back from the throat approximately 1.5 times the diameter of the throat. This gives maximum volume while keeping the fan clear of lines.
Placing a Ventry Fan too close to the throat opening will decrease inflation efficiency more so than setting it too far away. We encourage balloonists to experiment with placing our fans much farther back from the throat than they think they should!
Other pages of our site that might be of interest:
Share this post
Latest News & Articles
Brush Burning Fans
Several of the unique qualities which make Ventry Fans ideal for fire fighting also make them a great investment for brush/slash burning. Contractors often want 4 or more brush burner fans for huge land clearing projects; they soon realize only one Ventry Fan is needed!
Photos compare lighting options for Linemen
Photos by local linemen: They tested safety lighting solutions during overhead pole work and trench work. Photos compare headlights, spotlight, and Lentry® Portable Lighting.
The Utility Expo
Ventry Solutions, Inc. is proud to be an exhibitor at The Utility Expo 2023, which will be held in Louisville, Kentucky on September 26-28, 2023. We will be showcasing our All-Terrain Lentry® Jobsite Lighting Systems that help make your job safer.
Stay in touch
We’d love to hear from you and will be happy to answer your questions and assist you with our products. Call (888) 257-8967.
Sign up here for our once-a-month email of GREAT NEWS!