All of us at Ventry Solutions, Inc. extend our sincere thanks to the researchers and technical panel members involved in the extensive and history-changing UL PPV study. The materials created are outstanding and sure to make fire fighting safer and more effective!
First and foremost, we are grateful to Steve Kerber, Director, and Robin Zevotek, P.E., Research Engineer III, with UL Firefighter Safety Research Institute at Underwriters Laboratories who led the project.
They involved firefighters from around the world who participated as members of the Technical Panel. All of them traveled far and worked intently to make this study applicable and valuable to fire fighters world-wide .
- Art Arnalich, CERN Fire Brigade
- Jason Bennett, Poudre Fire Authority
- Ian Bolton, North Vancouver District Fire Services
- Jason Caughey, Laramie County Fire District
- Scott Corrigan, Pierce County Fire Department
- David Downey, Albuquerque Fire Department
- Chip Everett, Oshtemo Township Fire Department
- John Flynn, Palm Beach County Fire Rescue
- Adam Frick, Sioux Falls Fire Department
- Kriss Garcia, American Fork Fire Department
- Gregg Gerner, General Motors Assembly
- Jeffery Gillette, East Valley Fire Department
- Jim Golondzinier, Los Angelas County Fire Department
- Andy Golz, Duluth Fire Department
- Dennis Haisma, Grand Rapids Fire Department
- Josh Janssen, CAL FIRE/Riverside County Fire Department
- Tom Jenkins, Rogers Fire Department
- Brian Kazmierzak, Penn Township Fire Department
- Colin Kelley, Clark County Fire Department
- Karel Lambert, Brussels Fire Department
- Nick Ledin, Eau Claire Fire Department
- Scott Lindsay, Calgary Fire Department
- Joseph Pronesti, Elyria Fire Department
- Garrett Rice, Colony Fire Department
- Ned Vander Pol, Vista Fire Department
Finally, we are grateful for having been allowed to participate, along with our fellow manufacturers, in this study. James Neils, our CEO, served on the PPV Fan Manufacturer Panel. He thoroughly enjoyed the experience and learned much, which he will be working on disseminating in the coming months and years.
1. Kerber, Steve, and Robin Zevotek. "Positive Pressure Attack." Positive Pressure Attack. UL Firefighter Safety Research Institute, 19 Apr. 2016. Web. 19 Apr. 2016. Last accessed Apr. 2017. <http://www.ulfirefightersafety.org/wp-content/uploads/Courses/PPV/story.html>.
Written by Joan Rodman
Share this post
Latest News & Articles
Help Wanted: Assembly
We need another team member! Ken is retiring and we need someone to take over Assembly. Please consider this position if you are job hunting or share it with those you know for whom the opportunity might be beneficial.
Brush Burning Fans
Contractors often want 4 or more fans for huge land clearing projects; they soon realize only one Ventry Fan is needed! Several of the unique qualities which make our fans ideal for fire fighting also make them a great investment for brush burning.
New Honda EU2200i portable generator to replace popular EU2000i
Advances 20-years in the making have driven American Honda to offer a new portable, super-quiet series EU2200i generator. The EU2200i and EU2200i Camo replace the popular EU2000i generators utilized on many Lentry® Portable Lighting Systems, manufactured by Ventry Solutions, Inc.
Stay in touch
We’d love to hear from you and will be happy to answer your questions and assist you with our products. Call (888) 257-8967.
Sign up here for our once-a-month email of GREAT NEWS!