All of us at Ventry Solutions, Inc. extend our sincere thanks to the researchers and technical panel members involved in the extensive and history-changing UL PPV study. The materials created are outstanding and sure to make fire fighting safer and more effective!
First and foremost, we are grateful to Steve Kerber, Director, and Robin Zevotek, P.E., Research Engineer III, with UL Firefighter Safety Research Institute at Underwriters Laboratories who led the project.
They involved firefighters from around the world who participated as members of the Technical Panel. All of them traveled far and worked intently to make this study applicable and valuable to fire fighters world-wide .
- Art Arnalich, CERN Fire Brigade
- Jason Bennett, Poudre Fire Authority
- Ian Bolton, North Vancouver District Fire Services
- Jason Caughey, Laramie County Fire District
- Scott Corrigan, Pierce County Fire Department
- David Downey, Albuquerque Fire Department
- Chip Everett, Oshtemo Township Fire Department
- John Flynn, Palm Beach County Fire Rescue
- Adam Frick, Sioux Falls Fire Department
- Kriss Garcia, American Fork Fire Department
- Gregg Gerner, General Motors Assembly
- Jeffery Gillette, East Valley Fire Department
- Jim Golondzinier, Los Angelas County Fire Department
- Andy Golz, Duluth Fire Department
- Dennis Haisma, Grand Rapids Fire Department
- Josh Janssen, CAL FIRE/Riverside County Fire Department
- Tom Jenkins, Rogers Fire Department
- Brian Kazmierzak, Penn Township Fire Department
- Colin Kelley, Clark County Fire Department
- Karel Lambert, Brussels Fire Department
- Nick Ledin, Eau Claire Fire Department
- Scott Lindsay, Calgary Fire Department
- Joseph Pronesti, Elyria Fire Department
- Garrett Rice, Colony Fire Department
- Ned Vander Pol, Vista Fire Department
Finally, we are grateful for having been allowed to participate, along with our fellow manufacturers, in this study. James Neils, our CEO, served on the PPV Fan Manufacturer Panel. He thoroughly enjoyed the experience and learned much, which he will be working on disseminating in the coming months and years.
1. Kerber, Steve, and Robin Zevotek. "Positive Pressure Attack." Positive Pressure Attack. UL Firefighter Safety Research Institute, 19 Apr. 2016. Web. 19 Apr. 2016. Last accessed Apr. 2017. <http://www.ulfirefightersafety.org/wp-content/uploads/Courses/PPV/story.html>.
Written by JR, Marketing and Communications at VSI, 2004-2014
Share this post
Latest News & Articles
The Switch from 2000W to 2200W Honda generators
All Lentry® Light Systems shown with 2000-watt generators now come with 2200W generators. Photography and literature continue to be updated on all materials, including this site. Here is the current status.
VSI’s All-Terrain Lentry® Light GIVEAWAY
We will be giving away an All-Terrain Lentry® Light System in the first quarter of 2019! By entering the Giveaway, you will also be connecting with us by email, which is a reward in itself.
Firefighting Training: Top 10 Tactical Considerations from Fire Research
This popular FDIC class for fire fighters, by Director Stephen Kerber of the UL Firefighter Safety Research Institute, is now available free and on-demand as a webcast until September 2018. Sponsored by Ventry Solutions, Inc.
Stay in touch
We’d love to hear from you and will be happy to answer your questions and assist you with our products. Call (888) 257-8967.
Sign up here for our once-a-month email of GREAT NEWS!