Ventry Solutions, Inc. is proud to sponsor, from Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC), a webcast for firefighters called “Top 10 Tactical Considerations from Firefighter Research.” Up until September 20, 2018 (give or take a week!), you can watch it on a desktop or tablet, via smart phone, project it to a whole room of people, or even listen to it on that next long drive!
- How: Register here and watch anytime
- What: “The Top 10 Tactical Considerations from Firefighter Research”
- Why: To share what has been gained through years of studies on fire dynamics and firefighting tactics (which included extensive study of positive pressure ventilation) by UL FSRI.
- Who: Presented by Stephen Kerber, Director of the Underwriter Laboratories (UL) Firefighter Safety Research Institute.
- When: Begins September 20, 2017 at 3:00 PM EDT / 2:00 PM CDT / 12:00 PM PDT / 7:00 PM GMT.
- Where: Online, for free, any time. The live webcast on September 20 will include a live Q&A at the end of the presentation. Originally presented 26 Feb 2017 at FDIC 2017.
- Length: Approximately 1 hour, not including the Q&A portion.
Description: Includes concise, concrete recommendations for firefighting based on the latest positive pressure attack and ventilation (PPA and PPV) and fire attack studies. For years, in partnership with the fire service, the UL Firefighter Safety Research Institute (UL FSRI) has been studying fire dynamics and firefighting tactics. They have conducted more than two hundred large-scale experiments, studying the changes in fire environments over time, the impact of ventilating ventilation-limited fires, and the implications of flow control and effectiveness in suppression tactics. Firefighters from the USA and around the world have participated. Tactical considerations and common themes have resulted; these studies may warrant a change to your standard operating guidelines.
The video below is from FDIC International.
Ventry Solutions makes outSTANDing safety tools for fire and rescue applications.
Share this post
Latest News & Articles
The Switch from 2000W to 2200W Honda generators
All Lentry® Light Systems shown with 2000-watt generators now come with 2200W generators. Photography and literature continue to be updated on all materials, including this site. Here is the current status.
VSI’s All-Terrain Lentry® Light GIVEAWAY
We will be giving away an All-Terrain Lentry® Light System in the first quarter of 2019! By entering the Giveaway, you will also be connecting with us by email, which is a reward in itself.
Firefighting Training: Top 10 Tactical Considerations from Fire Research
This popular FDIC class for fire fighters, by Director Stephen Kerber of the UL Firefighter Safety Research Institute, is now available free and on-demand as a webcast until September 2018. Sponsored by Ventry Solutions, Inc.
Stay in touch
We’d love to hear from you and will be happy to answer your questions and assist you with our products. Call (888) 257-8967.
Sign up here for our once-a-month email of GREAT NEWS!